Great Apple Service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigdb11, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bigdb11 macrumors regular

This is an update to my previous post. Before I had some lid warpage, f keys crooked, and my hinges started creaking. I took the computer in Sunday and the first "genius" told me that she couldn't replicate the sound and unless I was willing to leave my computer there she couldn't do anything even though it was within the 14 day period.

So, I went back to the same store today talked to another genius who was able to replicate the creaking hinges and he swapped out my comp. It took less than an hour and I was incredibly happy with the service. The only thing I have now is a gap between the hinges and the body, which was on my last one as well and seems to be on all the display models. That I can live with.

This was a great experience this time and I am thrilled with the service I received. However, I do think it is a problem that the computers are shipping with these problems (slanted f keys, gaps, and lid warpage) as this is not how they are advertised. Hopefully they will shape this up.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

It's called normal :cool:

3. bigdb11 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, they shouldn't show perfect models on the website than.;)