Great Apple Store experience

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by prostuff1, May 30, 2012.

1. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Just came back from an Apple store visit where they replaced my 4 year old MBP power charging brick because the magnetic end was pulling apart and was flaking in and out when it was trying to charge my computer.

I had seen the class action lawsuit and stuff but that had already ended from what I could tell. I figured I would have to buy a new one but wanted to see what the genius bar would say.

I went in for my appointment, the genius looked at it, went into the back room and came out with a new one. He had me fill out some stuff on an iPad, handed me the new power brick and told me I was all set. I told him how much I appreciated the service, shook his hand, told him to have a good day and walked out of the store with a brand new power brick at no charge!!

2. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

That's the beauty of the big profit margins Apple commands.

By charging a premium, that leaves them plenty of money to absorb some good will replacements.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

IMO, "some" is the keyword.

There is another ongoing thread about an "awful apple store experience", because the store wouldn't replace the guys iPad that sounded like it had physical damage (he broke the digitizer).

Dude is mad as heck because several of his friends got "good will" replacements over the last few years, but his was denied.

Can't please everybody!

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Seems to me the level of service you get is directly related to your attitude. Act like a dick and that's all you'll get back from them.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

I think the deadline for the class action suit was a bit soon anyway. It was about 6 months' notice. I replaced mine, but now the other end is coming undone and as far as I know not covered by the class action or any other warranty. Oh well.

6. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

Pun intended?

7. Aidan8100 macrumors newbie