Great Apple store service

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lovestruck, Apr 7, 2014.

1. lovestruck macrumors member

Travelling the inland waterways of the UK
    A few days ago I opened up my mac after sleep and there was a half inch area along the bottom and left side of the screen that consisted of flickering black and magenta lines..also what looked like an internal series of cracks radiating form the bottom corner.
    Had a few moments of total horror followed by hours of worrying about it and whether I had done anything to cause this..but was sure I hadn't

My machine was bought at the end of October 2013 so is in warranty & I have Applecare too so made a Genius Bar appointment and took it in...the guy there said it looked like the screen had delaminated and after examining it closely confirmed there was no external damage and took it in for repair under warranty.

Got a email about 45 minutes later to say the screen had been replaced and I could collect it..I was amazed at the speed of repair..and it was a Sunday!
    When I collected it I asked what had been wrong with it but the guy said none of them had seen it before and had no idea..

Anyway I have my precious Mac back now and hope I never have to have all that worry again..and well done Apple staff for mending it so speedily! :)

2. romesk90 macrumors member

It is funny how often you hear that. It is like they don't see anything. See no issues, have no issues ;)

That is good to hear they fixed you up no problem!

3. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Actually, they saw the issue, they just did not know how it occurred. Big difference from what you implied there...

4. romesk90 macrumors member

not what I meant.

What I meant was, any issue I have ever brought to the attention to my local Genius's, have never "seen" the issue before. Even though, next visit, I hear them telling another customer the exact same thing...for the exact same issue.

5. whitedragon101 macrumors 65816

I concur. I think this is Apples policy.

6. holliepollie macrumors newbie

+1

when I took my 5c in because the lock button wasn't working it was the 'first time' he'd ever seen it happen on this phone. even though a quick google search shows a common fault!