Great article on Apple's Machine Learning and a question

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by TRICKorDEVICE, Sep 7, 2016.

1. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Here is the article:

https://backchannel.com/an-exclusiv...earning-work-at-apple-8dbfb131932b#.fq5myqpxd

From the article:

"If you’re an iPhone user, you’ve come across Apple’s AI, and not just in Siri’s improved acumen in figuring out what you ask of her. You see it when the phone identifies a caller who isn’t in your contact list (but did email you recently). Or when you swipe on your screen to get a shortlist of the apps that you are most likely to open next. Or when you get a reminder of an appointment that you never got around to putting into your calendar. Or when a map location pops up for the hotel you’ve reserved, before you type it in. Or when the phone points you to where you parked your car, even though you never asked it to. These are all techniques either made possible or greatly enhanced by Apple’s adoption of deep learning and neural nets.:

Do any of these things work for you? Specifically does iOS add calendar appointments that you never entered into your calendar? I get the banner to add an appointment in email, but it is never automated without me having to do something.

Thoughts?

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

In email calendar invites/events was added in iOS 9. What's new to iOS 10 in that regard is it now can find and pick out and suggest calendar invites/events in iMessage. You get a similar bar at the top suggesting the invite/event in Messages app. I don't think they automatically get added to your calendar, it's always just been able to just pick out a possible invite/event from an email (and now a text/iMessage) and be able to create one, auto populating the info it finds and add it directly from within mail and messages without having to leave the app or manually enter in the event, time and day.