Great AT&T 3G iPhone Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by H2OBoy, Aug 21, 2008.

1. H2OBoy macrumors newbie

Hi everybody! This is my first time posting, but I have read the forums for years. I have been a faithful Mac Addict since before I could remember. I have been wanting an iphone since it first came out over a year ago to add to my Apple collection. Well it was hard, but I waited till the 3g iPhone came out. Unfortunately I had a FAN number on my AT&T account and could not go to my apple store here in Orange County California. There is an AT&T store right by my work and I would check it randomly to see if they had any 16gb black iPhones, but they never did of course. Well I really just wanted to walk in and out and not have to do direct fulfillment. The AT&T store right by my work was full of *******s, so I found another one 4 blocks away ironically from the first AT&T store. Today I decided to check the other AT&T store after work. I got off work at 4:30 and got into the store at 4:45. I saw there were no phones on display and was about to give up and walk out. As I was about to an AT&T lady walked up to me and asked if there was anything she could do for me. I asked if they had any iPhones and she gave me a devilish look and said possibly. I ask for the 16GB Black iPhone and she said they might have it, she went to the back. I figured they might just have the white or the 8G one, but no they had it!!!!! She hooked it up, I swiped my credit card and was out of the store by 4:55. It took me just 10 mins!!! I was so excited, no lines, no direct fulfillment, it was perfect! I then went to the apple store in South Coast Plaza and got a case for it. The point of my story is that, at least some, AT&T stores have iPhones for walk-ins and are being very quiet about it. Hope this helps people out.

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

The AT&T store next to me says they are absolutely not allowed to sell iPhones off their DF shelf because they need to be shipped back. I personally think it is ridiculous they don't do it that way. He said they had 4 phones back there and he couldn't sell any of them even though. So weird.

3. H2OBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't even want to ask...

I thought it could be off their DF Shelf but I didn't want to ask. I was just so happy that they were going to sell me one. It was all very hush hush. I came all dressed up nice from work, so who knows if that helped at all.

4. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Well you definitely lucked out. The way my guy was talking to me about it he seemed pretty strict. Congrats on the iPhone.

5. H2OBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya the first AT&T store employees just ignored me and weren't very nice. That is why I went to the other store, I figured I was lucky. But just incase I did get one of the first walk-in iPhones I wanted people to know. I have been playing with it all night, the 3g isn't to bad where I live, hopefully its good where I work.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Man i had that exact same experience today. Im in Shreveport LA and we have no apple stores within 3hrs so we are limited to AT&T stores. I have been debating on upgrading from my first gen since the 11th of July. I call about 3 times a week for grins and they always say the same thing "We dont have any in blah blah blah we can order you one blah blah blah" So why my wife was shopping in cvs i decided to call. they lady put me on hold and when she got back on the line she said sir we do have some 16g black iphones. I said ill be there in 10 minutes to hold it for me. When we got there i talked to some guy and of course he said no sir we dont have any you can get direct fill and blah blah so i told him i just talked to a lady at this location and she said yall had some. So he asked around and one of them finally owned up to it and seemed like she had made a mistake. The guy was very helpful and from then on and i was in and out in 10 minutes. He told me that i was lucky that they havent even got rid of their direct fills. I must say it was my best in store at&t exp ever (after the chick owned up to it and they sold me one). Its kind of funny that my best exp involved me getting bold faced liedto as soon as i walked in the door. But Andrew made up for it. And also 3g is great in Shreveport.

7. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

wait till your first monthly bill.....It was all rainbows and butterflys for me too until I received my first month's bill today and I was charged twice for my iphone. I'm heading down to see them tomorrow.

8. H2OBoy thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone came with 2.0.1 installed, but I don't know if I should upgrade to 2.0.2. My phone is working great, I have my yahoo and Mobile me pushing as well. I just don't want to update and mess it up, what do you guys think?