great Bo Jackson article

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Keebler, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Keebler macrumors 68030

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Great person, great player. You're right, they don't make 'em like Bo anymore. At least not with that kind of class.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. JoshFink macrumors regular

Great Find.. Thanks!!

One of my favorite athletes of all time.

Josh

5. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

My favorite part of the article (for some reason I imagine Bo's voice sounding like Mr. T):

""People around here, they know me," Bo says. "People that live here see me all the time. I'm quiet. I lay low. I think a lot of people get caught up in this celebrity world to where they have to be treated in a certain way, spoken to in a certain way, and they have to carry themselves in a certain way. And if they don't get their way, their world turns upside down. With me, I'll stop and help somebody change a car tire."

And then Bo makes one of several statements that might be a joke. Or, perhaps, a warning.

"If you're my enemy," he says, "and you're by the side of the road with a flat tire, and it's 20 below zero, I'm going to stop and throw a gallon of water on you and keep going.""

:D

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Man, I remember him. He was the biggest of the biggest stars around when I started following sports.

The man has myths all about him......the original Chuck.

7. Keebler thread starter macrumors 68030

ya.. i laughed hard at that one. that's a fantastic quote. i can just see him delivering it completely dead pan.

I'll have to dig out my Bo tape that i made while watching nfl games before he was done. Bet i could add some great stuff to youtube.

in the meantime:
    here's a great one :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_6pxDmEVBkI

Cheers,
    keebler

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I (think) there used to be a cartoon called All Stars that Bo featured in. Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, and Bo Jackson would get together and.....well, I forget. Maybe drive around and pick up chicks. I really can't recall.

9. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

It was called ProStars. Pretty sweet 'toon!

10. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Great article. Thanks for sharing it.

Of all my baseball memorabilia (not really that much) I still have a KC Royals autographed team ball from 1986? - most likely 87 - with his signature on it and it´s probably not worth too much, but its my most cherished item mainly because of Bo.

11. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Fantastic article. I remember watching Bo Jackson as a young child. I'm glad he's done well after sports :)