Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Southflkid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2010
Hey folks-

Just wanted to share a great experience I had at the Apple Store @ the Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens , FL.

I've had my iPhone4 for almost a year...no problems...no issues...treat it very well...have kept it in a Vaja case since day one...not a scratch on it. Anyway, I had taken it out of the case to clean it (as I do periodically) and it falls to the tile floor and cracks the front glass!

So, I head to the Mall only to wait about 3 hours (my fault for not making an appoinment first) to see a tech, er Genuis. The first thing he does is plug in my serial number- and he says "great news, you have 8 days of warranty left!" He then says, "too bad the warranty doesn't cover this type of damage!!" I thought the guy was messing with me, but he then said he hadn't seen an iPhone that was virtually a year old without a scratch and they replaced it for free! And he gave me a 90 day warranty on the replacement phone because he said he couldn't give me a warranty for 8 days!

The moral of the story is to be honest. I didn't try to BS him about what happended. I told the truth and maybe I got lucky. Maybe I caught the guy on a good day, I dunno. I've read a bunch of threads on here as to how to talk to store employees and to say this or say that when you go in there.

All I'm saying is that I was honest and I left a very happy customer. While I enjoy my Apple products, I'm not of the frame of mind that they the greatest things since sliced bread. But after this experience, you better believe that I'll head to Apple in the future for some new toys. Customer service goes very far in keeping customers brand loyal- and Apple nailed it.

Last edited:

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
This isn't uncommon, in fact it is very common. Apples customer service is amazing. For Apple it truly is user experience and not features.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
It's always nice to read stories like this. Personally I've never had a bad experience dealing with the Geniuses at any Apple Store I've been to, though I've never been in a situation like that (where it was technically out of warranty and they went out of their way for me).

Cole JM

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2011
It's always nice to read stories like this. Personally I've never had a bad experience dealing with the Geniuses at any Apple Store I've been to, though I've never been in a situation like that (where it was technically out of warranty and they went out of their way for me).

What's your photo thing?

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I went to the Apple Store in London during one of my trips this year. Went in there to ask for iPhone accessories and to ask about the Macbook Air. One thing led to another, to employee was so cheerful and helpful that we started talking about Macs, and he told me for what I wanted, the Pro was not the best choice at all, the Air was, and next thing I know, I was walking out of the store with a brand new 11" Macbook Air. They sold me with their cheerful and helpful mood and honesty, best laptop I own actually.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
You mean my avatar? It's a QR code, you can scan it and it gives you a secret message/url/whatever.

yep like the one i have :D

oh and yeah i had issues with my iphone camera last night so i made a appointment for first thing this morning he took look at it and said its under warranty let me take a look at it in back and was gone for 10 min or so then came out and said back camera was bad and he replaced it. great service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.