Great Customer Service from Amazon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bodhammer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bodhammer macrumors member

I wanted to post my experiences with Amazon over the past six weeks as I took the plunge and purchased a touch.

I had a refirb 4G iPod Photo that I purchased from the Apple Store Christmas 2006. When Apple announced the touch, I promptly sold it on Craigslist for what I bought it for minus some extra accessories I threw in. I was ready to buy a touch right away and then heard about the N810 and decided to wait a bit. I ended up waiting until Macworld to purchase and then I got a 16GB for $359. I chose Amazon for the price as well as the fact I had ~$100 in gift cards

Apple would not give me the apps and then they announced the 32GB which is what I really wanted in the first place. I returned the 16GB under Amazon's 30-day policy. There were some timing issues with the return, refund, and shipment of the 32GB but Amazon ended up shipping me the 32GB with 2-day shipping at no extra charge. The return process was without issue and they gave the refund without question. Kudos #1!

Today, I contacted Amazon about the free Shuffle promotion with the 32GB touch. The response: "Kindly place an order now for the free item and write to us with your order number. We'll apply the promotion for you."
    Kudos #2!

I don't generally gush about service but Amazon has been outstanding and deserves public recognition for the great service they have provided me.

Amazon is highly recommended for Apple purchases.

Bod

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated with Amazon and I do not own stock. I do own stock in Apple.

2. Delia macrumors member

I can't complain about them. I ordered an item for X-mas, and 5 days later the price dropped. I inquired by email and they refunded the balance!

3. Diwata macrumors newbie

Diwata

4. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

Amazon is a class-act organization. They have proved their customer-centric attitudes time and time again. I don't hesitate to order from them nowadays.

5. chall5 macrumors regular

yep that goes for amazon.co.uk as well