Great day for Apple computers and NASA!

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
They really don't. You are interning at a small part of a small agency.
Even 2 agencies qualifies as "more than one would think" with the federal government. I suspect there are more than just NASA and NIH.

I could very well see some more switches to Apple since Windows 8 will require almost the same overhaul. Granted such a switch would probably be years from now since most government PCs are still on Windows XP afaik (I think the only PCs w/ win 7 at the VA my dad works at are those that shipped with UEFI)

Last edited:

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Even 2 agencies qualifies as "more than one would think" with the federal government. I suspect there are more than just NASA and NIH.
Almost every agency has some number of Macs on their networks. That number is just very small compared to the number of Windows machines. In other words... exactly what you would expect.

Edit: But of course, "what one expects" depends on the person :p

Last edited:

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
The federal government uses more macs than one would think. I'm an intern at the National Institutes of Health right now - and almost every computer I run across is either an iMac or Mac pro. The few Windows machines that are in use (for Windows only applications) are Lenovos.
Won't be the case if Apple stops being compliant with EPEAT!

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Won't be the case if Apple stops being compliant with EPEAT!
Well I think the only computer at risk for not being EPEAT compliant is the rMBP. And I highly doubt any government agency would be buying many of those in the first place for cost reasons alone. The rest should be fair game.