Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
400$??? OMG I hate my country's prices! That thing would be no less than 2000$ here!!! :eek: :mad:

Its probably the best deal you can get!

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
kingcrowing said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Single-1-8-Ghz-...ryZ51036QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My max bid is $500, just a day left, I think I've got an ok shot, the other ones ended for like $600-$1000 recently, but its a great deal if I win, its got 1GB/320GB/64MB ATI 9600-so its cheaper than the intel core solo mac mini and much faster than the stock one Im sure. think its a good deal?

Yep 4-500 would be a great price if you get it for that :p But almost every computer (especially Macs) listed on ebay ends up being fought for hard within the last 30-10 seconds of the auction with a massive number of bids in that time frame, which usually runs up the price way beyond what it should be :D

And you probably already know this, but whatever you do, if you win it, do NOT pay with a money order! And check the sellers feedback. Has been a member for almost 4 years, yet only 8 transactions.....Also the 2nd & 3rd feedbacks are supposedly from different people, yet they are word for word identical......huuummmm

Personally, I don't like the smell of what the rock is cookin! Just MHO......

Foggy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2006
London, UK
SmurfBoxMasta said:
And you probably already know this, but whatever you do, if you win it, do NOT pay with a money order! And check the sellers feedback. Has been a member for almost 4 years, yet only 8 transactions.....Also the 2nd & 3rd feedbacks are supposedly from different people, yet they are word for word identical......huuummmm

I have been a member of Ebay since 03 and only have a feedback of 11 - just some people dont use it much. I do find it odd that 2 feedbacks are exactly the same though. Also I agree on either Paypal or Cash on Delivery (can you pick it up in person?)

dex22

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Round Rock, TX
I do recall from reading elsewhere that this seller is a forum member here, so it might be worth looking through their posting history to see what they're like.

Oct 31, 2005
but also notice that those 2nd and 3rd members have excellent feedback, they are both powersellers. Weird that feedback is the same, but I give them some level of trust when they are a powerseller with good feedback

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
um people save their bidding till the last hour or so, and some even until the last 60 seconds.

dont get yer hopes up on high price items.

what something went for of similar specs, this one will go for. everytime.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
yeah, the price will jump up dramatically on this in the last hour (or last 5 minutes even). no way you'll get this for $500, I'm sorry to say.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
refurb prices just dropped..

i just noticed today, that the refurb prices at the apple store have dropped by at least $300..

check it out.

no kidding. i might just get another g5 dually 2.0.... doh!

debt reduction my arse...debt implosion is more like it!!! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.