Great deal on new unibody macbook!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sculfort, Nov 2, 2009.

1. sculfort macrumors member

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Remember that what sounds too good isn't usually true... 20% off 2 weeks old product sounds like a scam. Also, those are mail-in rebates which people have very bad experiences. You have to send them the rebate document before getting the rebate (200$).

What I've heard from people here in MR, those rebates can take up to several months to arrive and in worst cases you never get it. They just say "Sorry we haven't received your rebate doc" and that's it.

Furthermore, places like MacMall which have mail-in rebate discounts have terrible customer service. I would only buy if the discount was instant.

3. jmoore5196 macrumors 6502a

jmoore5196

Micro Center is actually a well-known retail chain ... at least in Dallas, where I used to live. I'm sure the 'rebate' is valid, however, it's presented in the form of a VISA card rather than a cheque. If that doesn't bother you, go for it! I would if I could.

4. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I say go for it... MicroCenter is a big name, so worst case you just pay regular price with the chance of getting the rebate. I'm sure you'll get it, but you may have to stay on them (the rebate company, that is).

5. dogster macrumors member

ok loook here

These are the details seems legit
    Doug

The Visa prepaid card is not redeemable for cash at any ATM. Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance
    fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. Your card is issued by MetaBank™ pursuant to a license from Visa
    U.S.A. Inc. Cards can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Micro Center reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a
    Visa prepaid card at its discretion.

ALL trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective corporations.

Please allow 8-10 weeks to process after claim is received by the fulfillment company to receive your prepaid card. To
    check the status of your prepaid card please visit: www.rebatetrack.com/microcenter.

6. Pak^Man macrumors regular

Microcenter

I've bought from Microcenter many times in the last 6 years, and have had great experienmces with their rebates (much more so than many manufacturer rebate programs).

They are a sound retailer and have been :apple: authorized for years now (at least 2-3 years before Best Buy), and tend to compete very aggressively with Best Buy, etc, hence the great deals.