Great deal on RAM! Common for iMacs and Macbooks

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bajjab99, Dec 4, 2007.

1. bajjab99 macrumors newbie

2. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Seriously: anyone paying $700 for Apple's 4GB RAM upgrade? I know why Apple is doing it - easy profit. Sooner or later they're going to have to respond dramatically. But $700 versus $150 or so on Crucial? C'mon!

3. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Whoah; actually hit your Newegg link. Great Price! I paid for mine at Crucial 3 weeks ago. Prices falling by the day it seems.

4. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I ordered two of those earlier today for Xmas.

5. LoganT macrumors 68020

If you buy the Apple ram retail the 4 GB's is 1000 dolllars. Seriously, wtf? I bought 2 of those Transcend 2GB sticks for 80 dollars. I saved over 900 dollars.

6. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Don't use crucial. If you haven't heard already, they use "dynamic pricing :mad:" to get the extra dollar (or 20) out of you. Newegg consistently has the best prices, just read the reviews first.

7. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Wow, and I thought I knew a thing or two. Maybe not - first I hear of this. The post you listed is almost 2 years old - wonder if they're still doing this to some degree. Nevertheless, I've had no problems with Crucial, and they have a guarantee that's pretty darn hard to beat, so maybe the few extra $$ is for peace of mind....

My new Macbook when I buy it next year will get a memory upgrade, and NOT from Apple - no f'in way.

8. nakile macrumors regular

I checked the reviews. Apparently this doesn't work in the Aluminum Intel iMacs. Or maybe he just got a dead stick...

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

10. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Had many issues with Crucial memory and have stopped buying it. Much better memory out there from others.

Yes, even though the link is 2 years old, they still do dynamic pricing! WTF is that???

11. bajjab99 thread starter macrumors newbie

12. GradientMac macrumors regular

GradientMac

Hello!

I'm going to be purchasing the 20 inch 2.4 Ghz Aluminum iMac, and I was wondering if this RAM will work in it?

I'm sort of new to upgrading my computer, I've had a laptop for most of my life, so I've never really been able to without some serious 'HAX!1'

Your help would be greatly appreciated, I refuse to pay 1000 dollars for 4 gigs of ram!

Thanks!

13. LoganT macrumors 68020

I'll tell you when I install mine. They are coming in today. 2x2GB.