Great! Elan Case gave deep scratch in iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AHDuke99, Aug 11, 2008.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I guess there's nothing I can do, huh? I now have a deep scratch down the side of my iPhone and a bubble looking thing on he back of my iPhone after I removed my Griffin Elan case just now. Who do I take this issue up with? Griffin or Apple? I guess there's no point in a case now.

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Well, a case will offer protection if you drop the phone. I think that's plenty reason.

3. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yes, but what will I protect now? With a scratch all the way down the back, there's really no point now.

4. cohenspire macrumors member

If the phone functions what is the big deal? It's on the back, you should stare at the screen not the back. I know it sucks that your case did this but not much you can do...enjoy the phone and don't worry about a scratch.

5. PAH Mac macrumors member

Yep, it sucks that many of the cases out there seem to be damaging the item they are designed to protect. :mad: I think the idea with most of these cases is that they will protect the phone from catastrophic damage in case of a drop. At least that is what I am hoping. Since mine is pretty much living in a case I don't really care about some scratches I will never see. Might be a problem if I ever decide to sell it though.

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

Is that the Griffin Elan Form Case?

7. EasyCheese macrumors newbie

The case didn't do it. The crap you let get inside of it did. :D

8. AHDuke99 thread starter macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yes it was the Elan form case. There wasn't crap inside the case, as it shows on the case where it was scratched as well where it grinded against the phone.

Oh well.

9. slapppy macrumors 65816

You have the black or white? Maybe you can use that iPod restore stuff from Marware? I think thats the company that made those....