Great EXP at my APPLE Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by threedingos, Jun 25, 2010.

1. threedingos macrumors newbie

I arrived 2 hours before store opened. There were already many mnay people in line. I was greeted by apple employee who insured I made it to the correct line (reserved). Store opened at 7am I was second group to go in and my apple guy hooked me up. And to make matters even better they had AT&T on site to help those who were using someoned elses upgrade. They hooked me up with 2 new sims at no cost to me. Both phone functioning before I left the store. My Hats off to Apple store Old Orchard Skokie Il.

A side note: Walking back to my car still on my new iphone 4 high, discovered my car was broken into and my GPS stolen.

Reading all the negative comments about Apple, AT&T and the iPhone4 - who should I blame the break in on :)

Love the iPhone 4, did not have issues ordering Good Jpob Apple and AT&T

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

You realize comments like that will get you banned from this forum, right? Sure, this is the iPhone forum, but the long title is the iPhone forum for Android trolls & Apple fanboys w/ unrealistic expectations. In other words being bitter is a prerequisite. I'm not sure how I got in here either. :D

3. SexyBeast macrumors regular

+1 :D

4. tom2847 macrumors regular

Dude I had a GREAT experience also. Don't let all these haters tell you otherwise, Apple is such a great company and so is AT&T.

At least for me anyway. I've had AT&T for about 9 years now and I have NEVER had a problem with them to the point I hated their service. The people who have problems are just those who are stupid and don't know what they are doing.

5. kevinbal macrumors regular

kevinbal

I had a pretty good experience as well, even had a premier issue that appears will be resolved in the right way (and with a credit from AT&T). Blogged about it last night: linky

6. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

7. Nahmeanz macrumors regular

I had the best service from Apple possible yesterday. I didn't have a pre-order or reservation, I just came to the store in the morning and got 5 pre-order tix for 32gb models. I went to work and came back at 7:30pm and didn't have to wait in line at all. As we were trying to activate and port numbers, AT&T denied my credit. We called up AT&T and they said I owed them money, which I thought was impossible because I wasn't an AT&T customer. Turns out I owed them $46 from 3 years ago from since I had the original iPhone. So I paid that over the phone and the Apple tries to continue the process. This is when things get really aggravating. For every single line, the Apple rep had to call AT&T and verify credit status because of that $46 that I paid already. The Apple rep was very patient and kept apologizing although it was really AT&T's fault (and also mine). It took 3 hours to get all my phones activated. I left at 10:30pm and was the last one out of the Apple Store.

8. txmade macrumors member

I was one of those that waited and waited and waited in the non reserve line, 14hrs to be exact...... i will never do that again ...... I was frustrated with the whole situation...... But it was not the apple stores fault....... At one point it was a 50-1 ratio for reserve to walk in purchases they were allowing. One of the managers kept coming by and checking on us and talking to us and apologizing for the wait...... I know this was directed from above the apple store for the non reserve to wait.... I couldn't be more happier for the customer service that I received from the manager and all his employees.

I worked retail in college and that's what great customer service is.....

9. bfh123 macrumors regular

If the Iphone was on Verizon, not only would your car not have been broken into, but you'd have a new car when you returned!

10. Iphone4Mac macrumors member

I was the third one in the reserved line at the apple store in Baybrook, Took about 7mins to walk in and walk out.
    Lines there where crazy!!

I have also not had a problem with AT&T or Apple

11. kingtj macrumors 68020

Bah.... seriously though ....

It's absolutely insane how many vehicles are getting broken into lately, just so the thief can steal a GPS unit!

Here in St. Louis, MO - it's been going on like crazy! They caught a couple teenagers recently who went on a spree of breaking into close to 100 cars and trucks parked in hotels in our "Westport area" (a pretty nice part of town) in one night. GPS units were the main items they went after.

I stopped to grab a bite to eat, on my way to see a client, in our "Delmar loop" area, a few months ago, and someone smashed in my truck's side window to steal my Navigon GPS. I called the police and as they were writing up the report, I heard a woman shriek from across the lot. Turns out they smashed her SUV's window out too and took her iPod.

I know everyone keeps saying, "Well, you deserve it if you leave your electronics in plain sight in your vehicle like that!" ... but darnit, I've owned at least 5 in-car GPS units over the years, and NEVER had a single problem until this recent rash of thefts got underway! It's a huge pain to keep taking the GPS down from your windshield EVERY time you get out of your car or truck. You've got to find a place to hide the whole thing (power cables included), which I've always got run all nice and neat, weaving through the steering column or stuffed in between plastic panels around the dash. Or alternately, you're stuck taking it all with you - which often doesn't work well for me either!

I finally spent the money for an integrated, in-dash solution for my car.... I don't think any of these casual thieves will bother trying to take that one.

12. threedingos thread starter macrumors newbie

Agree with above.

I did have a moment when I parked and said to myself "self- you should take this GPS down and hide it" But I did not. I hope whoever stole it enjoys the GPS. My kids spilled pop on it 1 year ago and it has never been the same. On off button does not work and the battery would not hold charge. So they must keep it plugged in altogether....
    Side Note : The new IPHONE ROCKS!!! No reception problems no yellow spots....

13. Hexxeh macrumors member

Store experience was great for me. I queued up from 7AM till about 10:30AM in the non-reserved queue. They kept us happy with free Starbucks and water, queuers were very friendly too and had no problems about letting people return to their place, which was nice.

Turned out I didn't need to queue in the non-reserved queue (wanted to swap my reservation for a 32GB model). Once one of the Apple guys walking around keeping us up-to-date heard that I had a 16GB reservation, he took me right to the front of the queue and said I could have £30 or so worth of accessories on them for my trouble! (This was because I'd phoned them up the day before, and they said I'd have to use the non-reserved queue, guy at the front of the reserved queue said the same thing that morning too)

Got the black bumper, and the 32GB phone I wanted, guy who served me was very friendly and actually seemed half-excited at the launch himself. (had to wait until he got home to get his, had it delivered, felt sorry for him!)

I didn't mind the queueing, part of the experience and such, so I had a fantastic time! My iPhone is perfect too, none of the problems mentioned on here. One very happy customer!

14. iphoneguy123 macrumors regular

I'd say that's a great description of yourself.