Great experience at Apple store today

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Millionin20s, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Millionin20s macrumors regular

Yeah, I know, glowing review of an Apple store. Happens all the time.

I wandered into the Apple store in Philadelphia today, considering an Apple TV and hoping to get my iPod touch's broken screen repaired. The gentleman that serviced me at the Genius bar took one look at it, determined that he couldn't fix it, and promptly told me that Apple would go ahead and cover the cost of a replacement unit. 3 minutes later, we had swapped out my iPod touch for free, and I decided that I would go ahead and buy the Apple TV with the money I was prepared to use to repair my screen. I understand that there are still going to be customers with complaints about how Apple performs customer service, but I've never had a bad experience at any store I've ever visited.

2. harrisondavies macrumors 6502

harrisondavies

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Congrats. Apple can be quite generous with their customer service, and that's what keeps me coming back again and again.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

It's nice to hear that you had such a good experience.

I had a similar experience in the Apple Store in Georgetown with my iPad.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Thanks for sharing this. When my daughter's screen cracked, they made us pay over $100 for a repair. When my iPod Touch stopped working, they spent about 30 minutes peering into the dock connector with a microscope and told me mine had been "abused." Even the store manager went along with this flawed diagnosis. I went home and called AppleCare and they sent me a replacement for free. It's a good thing they did because since then I have purchased an iPad and an iPhone 4. If they had stubbornly refused to replace my iPod Touch which failed after being babied in my shirt pocket next to my Blackberry, I would probably have bought an Android phone.

Now my daughter has cracked another screen and I'm thinking of taking her ipod in to see what they say. Since I've already paid once, perhaps they will be more lenient. Your example gives me hope. If they want to charge again, I won't hold it against them. After all, she did drop it. But it's nice to hear that Apple can at times be generous. Stories about occasional generosity and consistent fairness helps keep Apple on top in reputation. Thankfully stories like my experience where they wasted so much of my time only to refuse fixing my iPod Touch on the spot are the exception not the rule. Happily even my story had a happy ending because I didn't accept the unfair determination in the Somerset store and appealed to Applecare on the phone and got my problem resolved.