Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frostbit3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Just wanted to share my story to everyone, I remember reading horror stories about radioshack last year, but it was my last resort this year since I didn't pre order so I wanted to try it.

I got to RS about 9:30 as they opened at 10. I was the only one that was there, and an associate was outside smoking getting ready to open the store at 10. When I walked up, he asked if I was here for the iPhone, I told him yes and asked him if he happen to have any. He laughed and said we actually do, which one do you want. I went on and said white 16GB, he then unlocked the door to let me in and said come on in, we will just get it over with since you're here, there's no sense in waiting for 30mins. He then went through the process and was out of there in 20 mins with a brand new iPhone 4S. Beats trying to get one at the Apple store on release day!

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Just wanted to share my story to everyone, I remember reading horror stories about radioshack last year, but it was my last resort this year since I didn't pre order so I wanted to try it.

I got to RS about 9:30 as they opened at 10. I was the only one that was there, and an associate was outside smoking getting ready to open the store at 10. When I walked up, he asked if I was here for the iPhone, I told him yes and asked him if he happen to have any. He laughed and said we actually do, which one do you want. I went on and said white 16GB, he then unlocked the door to let me in and said come on in, we will just get it over with since you're here, there's no sense in waiting for 30mins. He then went through the process and was out of there in 20 mins with a brand new iPhone 4S. Beats trying to get one at the Apple store on release day!

Lol, your story sounds VERY similar to mine. I got there 30 minutes early as well, saw one of the associates smoking outside before his shift started and walked in with him as his coworker opened the door. Got my phone as the only person waiting for one there for an iPhone and left within 30 minutes. Mine was on pre-order though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.