great experience with Apple support

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by quovadis, Sep 13, 2007.

1. quovadis macrumors regular

quovadis

8/8 - tried to download the $49 version of iWork -08 from apple website unsuccessfully; wanted to charge me $71!

8/9 - called apple support, explained problem. They promised to get back to me within 24 hrs. A few hours later found out the $49 option had disappeared

8/31 - still no reply from apple support. So fired off an email to Steve Jobs, together with a screen capture of the $49 offer

9/2 - (yes, a Sun) find voice message on my phone from office of executive relations, Apple; "I am calling on behalf of Steve Jobs in relation to your email about iWork ...call be back on my private number .... on Tue"

9/4 - returned the call; explained; Was told to order online for $71 and "I'll take care of it..."

9/6 - received iWork'08, charged $49; A few hrs after the fedex package got to me I received a phone call from the same person who had called on 9/2 - just to make sure everything was OK

This is what I call customer support!

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It's nice to hear about a good experience with Apple support.:) Usually people only post about it when they have a bad experience.