Great Experience with Genius Bar

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fireman52SFD, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

Just a plug for the Genius bar in Dallas Texas at the Northpark Center location. Took my Iphone in today because been having some issues and they were very helpful. They took my 16GB and gave me a brand spanking new 16GB. Not a refurb but a brand new one. WOOOO HOOOO. Took about 5min and i was done. I guess since they are not making anymore they are getting rid of them. Just wanted to give them props.

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

No, the genius bar has always kept a supply of new iphones to give out as replacements.

3. Fireman52SFD thread starter macrumors member

sorry im not a genius expert like you. either way i got a brand new 16gig playa

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Now, how do you know it's a brand spanking new iPhone? Did it come in the iPhone Box? My experience has been that they go to the back, and come back with a white box (refurbished) and hand it to you. It may be new to you, but somewhere along the line, these white box iPhones are refurbs. Several months ago, it was speculated that refurbs were serial numbers that began with 5KXXXXXX, but that was never verified by AppleCare or Apple Store Employees, (though one genius said, I think it's a refurb if it has the serial number 5KXXXXXX). If they bring out an iPhone in the New iPhone Box with the shrinkwrap intact, and you exchange your charger, headphones, and old iPhone box, then I could see it as a brand new iPhone. Then again, some of the refurbs are new from overstock. :eek:

5. Fireman52SFD thread starter macrumors member

Shrinkwrap was completely intact. nothing on the lifetime timer that cannot be reset. plus he told me. thats how i know

6. diddy macrumors 6502

I wonder how the Genius Bar would characterize their experience with you...

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Congrats on your new iPhone anyway! :eek:

8. birdmangriffin macrumors newbie

Dang, I got a refurbished with about 18 hours on the life timer when I had to get mine replaced.