Great (future) monitor options.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Unprocessed1, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

For those wanting an alternative monitor to Apple's ACD or a monitor with more options (like connectivity, hooking it up to a video game system, etc) I've found a few promising choices. Has anyone heard about these, or interested in buying them when they're released? I like all three of them, although the LG ones are only going to be available in Japan and Europe for now, but will surely make their way to the US as soon as the end of the summer.

The good news is that it seems at least LG is upping their specs and overall quality while dropping prices. A $300-$400 LED backlit full 1080p monitor with a couple HDMI ports is a very attractive value. What do you all think?

Samsung P2370L - led backlit, but only has one DVI port. Release has been delayed several times.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LG W2486L- has two HDMI ports, and will only cost ~$300. Will be released in Japan by early July.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Perhaps the most amazing new monitor is the LG W2286L, which is also LED backlit and wireless :eek: It also appears to have a glossy screen

http://www.prad.de/new/news/admin/images/483930493425149

[​IMG]

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

The "next generation" of monitors are sure to be sick. Even the new LED LCD TV's are ridiculously thin.

I think a lot is going to depend on what type of panels they use inside. Only a guess, but I'm guessing the panels used in these lower priced monitors are TN.

None the less, there are some very cool things in the near future - wireless, OLED, etc.

3. Unprocessed1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Yeah they're all TN, but if their forward angles are as bright and crisp as the ACD, they'll all be steals.