Great Genius Bar Experience MBP 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fb2, Aug 4, 2010.

1. fb2 macrumors member

Just a short story for you guys -

So I finally purchased my dream laptop, a 13" MBP on June 28. About two weeks into ownership I noticed a strange behaviour in the backlight when I was holding it in my hands or resting it on something uneven like my leg. The backlight would go to a super-bright mode and you could actually see where the LEDs were in the backlight. It was like a bunch of spotlights on the screen pointing up from the dock - very strange. So I took a trip to the Menlo Park Apple Store in NJ and spoke with a very nice guy. He took a look and noticed the problem. He went to the back, came back out, and said they would usually take it in and repair an issue like this but since the MBP was so new they wanted to exchange it. Everything went well and they even gave me a firewire cable to transfer everything (which is a breeze btw!) so i could go home with the new one that night.

So easy, no problems. Have faith in the geniuses!

2. celticpride678

And that's exactly why Apple is so high rated in customer satisfaction.

3. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I brought my MBP in today and the Genius replaced the display and top cover, as they are one piece, while I waited I had a small imperfection on the glass. I know that if this was a PC, the vendor would say 'too bad.' Glad I switched!:D

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I have to agree, Apple's customer service has got to one of the best in the industry. I just bought a 15" MBP, it was defective upon receipt, they immediately set up a replacement and gave me a free Western Digital FW external hard drive for my troubles, plus they credited me the difference for the Antiglare screen upgrade. Apple didn't even really have to do that, all they were really obligated to do was to replace the computer. My own bank wouldn't even allow me to withdraw $25 from my account when I lost my wallet. I offered them to verify my signature and any checks that I've written and they still refused to take care of me.

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

By way of comparison, my friend's daughter's new Compaq laptop has a loose connection on the motherboard causing a display issue. Best Buy Geek Squad is only allowed to tell my friend that this is the problem, but lousy HP/Compaq demands that it be sent in! The PC is barely over a month old and hardly used since his wife just died last week so I am sure this PC has not been used for more than a week. So much for extended warranties. Then again, it costs $250 so what do you expect!

6. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

Good Stories! Glad to know Apple can be fair, though I hope I don't have a reason to take my MBP in!!!:D

7. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

Whenever I go in to get help the geniuses are always stressed out and tired, and as a result they aren't very nice or helpful to me.