Great Mac Worthy Printers?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bonafide, Jul 21, 2007.

1. bonafide macrumors regular

Does anyone know of any amazing printers out there nowadays. I haven't been paying any attention to printers at all lately but when the new iMac arrives I'll be picking up a printer to match it.

Apple has some rebates offered on Canon printers but I'm not so sure Canon is the best choice. Does anyone have any experience with these types of printers? I've always been fond of HP printers... Are they all Mac compatible?

Any printer suggestions?..

Just for home office work - the odd photo print created.

2. darthmullet macrumors member

My favorite printer is the one I currently have, the ip6600d from canon. With a little searching you can find off brand ink and it prints incredible photos. I also set mine to European mode so I can print CDs as well.

You said for home office, however, so an all-in-one might be a better option. I have used HP machines (some rather expensive ones, the last one in the $400 range) and have had nothing but bad experiences. Their support for mac OS is lacking to say the least. (But said to be improving...) I wouldn;t take a chance on an HP.

Currently for the home office at my house we use a Canon MP780 with scanning, fax, print and copy functions. It has two paper trays so you can keep photo paper loaded and switch to regular paper with the push of a button. It prints fairly quickly and photo quality is good for an all-in-one. I think this specific model is no longer in production, but I think that the MP line of Canon all-in-ones would suit most needs for any home office. If ink cost is an issue (and with some printers a set of ink costs more than the printer) check before hand to make sure that you can buy off-brand cartridges.

Find one or two that have the functions you need and than look around. Usually there is a sale somewhere, but you might have to wait a few weeks.