Great new error message!!!

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
while surely you have all seen the "This [insert random app here] has unexpectedly quit ... blah blah" message.. well, I just received a new one which you may not have ever seen. (running tiger .1)...

Attachments

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
aethier said:
while surely you have all seen the "This [insert random app here] has unexpectedly quit ... blah blah" message.. well, I just received a new one which you may not have ever seen. (running tiger .1)...
dang... nice added feature.. i should update to 10.4.1 already eh? :p

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
hmm.. well i did do a clean instal when i upgraded from panther, however this is the first time i got that message, so maybe your luck will improve

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I did a clean install and have never seen that message. Hopefully just a fluke for you.

swheeler

macrumors member
May 30, 2005
I upgraded (not a clean install) and what happens for me is whenever I restart after using software update I get a kernel panic, and then that error once it starts up. The computer never actually crashes, I only get the panic after the entire shut down process is done. Still probably not good though...

aethier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2003
Montréal, Canada
swheeler said:
I upgraded (not a clean install) and what happens for me is whenever I restart after using software update I get a kernel panic, and then that error once it starts up. The computer never actually crashes, I only get the panic after the entire shut down process is done. Still probably not good though...

the computer wouldn't wake from sleep, so i held the power button for 5 seconds, when i rebooted i got the message