Great new Mail Feature in leopard!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hdsalinas, Nov 30, 2007.

1. hdsalinas macrumors 6502

hdsalinas

When composing an email, I just saw a new icon that I have never seen before. In the upper right hand conner there is this "Photo Browser" icon that lets you browse your iphoto library and photobooth's images (without opening any app). Then you just insert them to your emails. pretty neat.

I used to have to open iphoto select the images I wanted to email, now in Leopard is a lot easier/faster. :)

2. mzd macrumors 6502a

same deal with attaching music. you now browse your iTunes library (i.e. all your playlists!)

3. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

Correct me if I'm wrong, but things seem to becoming standardized around the iMovie interface

4. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Well, only somewhat. The iLife 08 install is what provides this, not Mail.app.

iLife 08 has a plug-in that extends the open/save dialog for pretty much every application, offering the new 'locations' up for use. Applications that support the media types this plugin exports will (usually) automatically get support for them.

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

The Leopard instructional video shows this Mail feature but it is pretty cool. I still the like the data detectors feature in Mail the best, it makes it really easy to add to Address book and iCal.