Great news about Apple in-store reservation!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjquach, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bjquach macrumors 6502

Just called my local Apple store about in-store reservation. It is a guaranteed item, but ONLY for that day 6/19. I asked to see if my name was in their system and they looked it up and told me everything. They clarified my name, told me my upgrade fee, and what my price would be and my iPhone model and color that I would be purchasing.

They said that I can come in any time between their store hours and I still have to wait in line though. However, he pointed out that it depends on what length of line you want to wait in and advised me to come later in the day as lines get shorter. But, I'm still coming there at 4AM just for the moment.

So, this is excellent news for anyone that thought the in-store reservation was a waste!

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I'm still not convinced. The Apple reservation system takes down ZERO payment information. Some other people even said you don't need to cancel a reservation or anything-Your reservation will simply drop off the system. I can't imagine Apple shipping a giant truckload to a rural area taken over by thirteen year olds.

The ATT method is "true" reservation. Your phone comes in a box shipped to you with your name on it.

3. bjquach thread starter macrumors 6502

The guy said it did a credit check for the pre-authorization for when you put in your AT&T account info online. All I have to do is show up and pay. You would need to actually put in your AT&T info or credit card info when you pre-order so thirteen year olds can't do this without being an account holder or credit card. Also it asks for the birthdate and social so the info must match one another, meaning you can't make up either part.