Great Price in Germany for Imac ?? Can this be true ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Exteriton, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Exteriton macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

first of all I must tell that I look here last 3 months about Rumours for the new Imac cause I want switch from Windows to Apple. So I read here all and of course I also look at the Price over a long timo for following Configuration if I am not waiting for the Refresh.

My Configuration was Imac 27", i7 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB Ram (self upgrade to 16), 2 TB HDD + 256 GB SDD, Radeon HD6970 with 2 GB

so far so good ... the official price on AppleStore is about 2949 Euro , and most shops in Germany sell them between 2800 and 2850 Euro. Okay, and now I see on a shop (trusted shop were I buyed over 10 years my PC-Hardware an maybe one of the biggest online shops in Germany) have one to sell with following Configuration :

Imac 27", i7 3.4 GHZ, 4 GB Ram (self upgrade to 16), 2 TB HDD + 256 GB SDD, Radeon HD6970 with 2 GB ... US-Version (US-Keyboard)

okay, the US-Version means to me that I must buy to this a German Keyboard ... but now that what makes me wonder. This Imac is since yesterday for 2200 Euro !!!!! 600 Euro less than on Friday morning. What can be wrong or did I oversee something. Now I really think about buying now and not waiting for the refresh cause it seem to be very cheap (and there stands nothing that it is not original). What do you think ... should I wait for the refresh or ist this a hint that the refresh is very near?

Thanks for Replies and sorry for my bad english

regards, Chris

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe provide a link?

CyberPort (Dresden and Berlin even has physical stores) offers your config for 2.538 €, but there will be no new ones until end of April (out of supply).

3. Exteriton thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

Maybe it is a refurbished product or a returned one, especially since it has a US keyboard.

If they have a good return policy, I never used Alternate if I remember correctly, just give it a go?

5. Exteriton thread starter macrumors newbie

Alternate is one of the biggest online Stores in Germany for PC-Hardware over the last 10 or 15 Years and as I wrote I buy there my PC-Hardware the last 10 Years and never have Problems.

But the other Question ist, if it is a refurbished one they must write it in the Product Information or not? What Did I also use when I buy it .. only a german keyboard.

And last question ... is it a good deal or should I wait a few more weeks for a imac refresh ?

Thanks for Replies

6. icanboogie macrumors regular

icanboogie

7. ggg05a macrumors regular

ggg05a

Alles Gute mit deiner Entscheidung!

Teilen Sie uns bitte mit, ob Sie der Computer kaufen! 2200€ ist sehr preiswert!

8. simsaladimbamba

Entweder Duzen oder Siezen. Beides wirkt komisch.

9. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

@ Obendrüber: Its a translation. But the price is heiß would'sch sachn... :D

@ OP - Take it and don't ask questions ;)

10. simsaladimbamba

Dat ist dann aber ein scheiß Übersetzungsservice, wenn der net mal zwischen Du und Sie unterscheiden kann. Sogar die Spinatkatze von gegenüber kriegt das gebacken, mit Käse.