Great review for the 13"!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by dominicdiep, Jun 15, 2012.

1. lelloz macrumors member

waiting for engadget/the verge/anandtech reviews :)

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

same. It seems the MBP-Retina has been reviewed but no the updated non-retina MBP or MBA's.

3. macbook123 macrumors 68000

Amazing how clueless these people are. The main advantage of the Asus Zenbook over the Air really is the IPS technology of the display. The resolution is of far lesser significance. For most people, the font on the Air is small enough.

4. palpatine macrumors 68040

Fascinating. I was quite surprised by the results, especially the battery. Their results are markedly different than the anecdotal ones so far on this forum.

I am impressed by the Zenbook. The Zenbook is at a nice price point, too. I thought about getting it for a while, but in the end, decided I like the 11" MBA better. I am agnostic about my operating systems.

5. dona83 macrumors 6502

They were simply testing apples to apples. Probably standardized, lowest brightness, light web surfing on wifi. Apple has been noted to offer battery life figure close to what one would get in the real world in the above situation with medium brightness, and not like the typical PC manufacturer where they would say up to 7 hours* (fine print: word processing, screen at lowest setting, wireless turned off).

I'm a power user so I'd probably get closer to 3.5 hours on an 11" Air, whereas my wife would can easily get the advertised 5 hours, if not more. The Hyundai Elantra is an excellent example, it has a small engine that can be very fuel efficient, but it also has the capability of producing 148 HP. Producing 148 HP takes a lot of gas no matter how fuel efficient the vehicle is.

Me and my analogies. :)

6. Sounds Good macrumors 68000