Carrier Great service from AT&T!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, Nov 3, 2014.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I chatted with a rep at AT&T before I purchased my iPhone 6. I thought I was going to have to wait until my contract hit the 2 year mark on October 17th. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that I could get a new iPhone as of October 1st. I asked about having the $40.00 upgrade fee waived and was told they could take care of that for me. I saved the conversation in case I needed it. So.... I bought my new phone the 1st of last month, saw the $40.00 fee when my new bill cut last week then contacted AT&T via chat a few minutes ago. It was a very quick/easy process. $40.00 fee credited. The rep asked if there was anything else that he could do so I figured I'd see if he could do anything about my bill. He told me to log out then back into the account. Not only did I see the $40.00 credit, there was also an additional $25.00 credit. That was very nice of them. I've been with AT&T since the beginning. It was Cingular before they took over. I don't really have many complaints. Just the throttling on my Unlimited account. Other than that they have been good to me. Everyone complains about bad service so I want to give credit where credit is due for great service!

2. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

This is impossible. Didn't you know? Sprint doesn't work. VZW and AT&T are evil. T-Mobile is the savior around here!!

On a more serious note, yeah... it's not hard to credit back from AT&T, especially if you've been with them for a while. They reward loyalty.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Sweet deal.

I have had AT&T credit me well over $500 over the years, a lot of that "just because".

The latest I got was $50 from retentions because I called after they stopped offering the 20GB for 10GB price double data promo. She said it wasn't in her system but that she was giving me $50 as a courtesy. Not necessarily what I wanted to hear, but I'll take it lol.

4. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I've had it since it was AT&T. Then it was Cingular then it went to at&t (now in lower case letters).

5. poorcody macrumors 6502

poorcody

Yeah I have to say I have always had good service like that from AT&T. Can't say the same for the 10 years I had Verizon.

6. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

AT&T is evil, just like Verizon lol. If they want to make me happy they could increase the darn LTE speeds. If you ever want to upgrade early, all you have to do is call retentions. They moved my upgrade date up by a year in an effort to get me to upgrade via two-year contract. I said no thanks. I did get the double data deal of 20GB, though, so they're slowly getting better.