Great Sleeve for $5

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by techguy20, Mar 19, 2011.

1. techguy20 macrumors 6502

Just received this sleeve from Amazon. It only cost about $5 with shipping, and I am very happy with it. Although it is designed for notebooks, the comments indicate it fits the iPad perfectly, and I can confirm that my iPad 2 fits in it well. The sleeve is reversible.

I am primarily going to use this when traveling, and have a clear hard case to leave on it while I'm home. Would anybody recommend a carbon fiber case instead of the clear hard case? I've been reading some threads about those and they look nice as well. Let me know your opinions!

2. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

looks like it can fit 3 ipad 2's stacked on top of each other.

3. MarkG21 macrumors regular

That's such a bargain from my $40 Incase sleeve.

4. dylanursula macrumors 6502

Hey all.

I actually just got this delivered from Amazon this week and can say it's a Bargain! It's a nice tight fit for the ipad2, only downside is there is no screen protection.

5. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Just ordered with Amazon Prime.

Planning on using my iPad 2 naked :eek: so this looks like it will provide just the right amount of protection when not in use and can be thrown in a bag without worries.

Can't beat $5.

6. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

7. AuburnApple macrumors member

Got one myself. It actually fits pretty good. It's a little difficult to get out of the case, but it offers good protection and is a great case for putting your iPad in your laptop/work bag. Great case for just $5. I bought it as a temporary case until more cases come out, but it might get a lot of use in the long run.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I bought one of these on discount 2 years ago...fits ok, not great. I bought mine from that site (slips my mind) that resells a lot of Chinese goods that you may typically find on eBay.

Also after stretching..meh..it's cheap though. May get one for mom.

9. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

I bought one of these last week and thought I would post some pics. For $5 this thing is awesome! It is a bit long for the iPad but fits very snug and like I said for $5 it is perfect for my needs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Haha. I use this sleeve also. 5 bucks it's awesome. Actually fits very tight. Not loose at all.

11. phantomsd, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Ordered on Saturday and the sleeve arrived today (love Amazon Prime!). Overall impressions = Great sleeve at a MAGICAL price! ;) Could be the iPad sleeper sleeve... noticed by few and overlooked by many.

Fit is just right. Not too tight. Although there is a tiny bit of wiggle room at the top... I actually prefer it this way as it makes for wrapping the flap over the iPad a little easier and you don't feel like you're going to rip it.

The lip or flap doesn't "fan out" as seen in the Amazon pics... it conforms completely around the iPad.

Two colors, one sleeve... it matches real well with all my Mac stuff.

This might be the first Apple iDevice I use totally naked (feels better in hand)... this sleeve was EXACTLY what I was looking for. I take good care of my stuff so if you're a "dropper" this solution might not be for you.

When compared to the current iPad accessory market prices... $50+ for quality cases and $40+ for quality skin kits... this is a definite NO BRAINER. My second choice would have been the Incase Neoprene Slip Sleeve Plus ($40). Glad I didn't have to go there.

The price went up a bit since the initial post to $5.97 which is still a steal. I might just order another one for backup! Just ordered an extra one.

[​IMG]

12. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

How did you buy it with Prime? It says I am not eligible for the prime shipping.

13. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Hey Mystikal... it was available on Prime from another reseller Galactics over the weekend (they're selling it for $9.99 now).

14. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

I will save the $5 and wait a little longer. Thanks :D.

15. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I haven't even tried out the gray side yet. It looks sexy though. Might just have to flip mine inside out.

16. swapna81 macrumors member

17. Bob Sanders macrumors member

Just ordered one for $1.29+$4.50 shipping. Prices are all over the place.:confused:

18. CH34P3T macrumors regular

19. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Great find! Amazon said only 10 left in stock.

Just what I was looking for. $1.46 + $4.50 shipping = no brainer.

I almost bought the incase sleeve for $40 or $50 yesterday. This does same - I need something to put ipad in when in transit to avoid scuffing. I like to use my ipad locally with just apple smart cover / naked.

I hope the smart cover also fits in here. But for the price of a Latte, it is worth the risk

20. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Thanks for this! Heading to Miami so I wanted a sleeve to travel with! Looks great and awesome price! Plus free 2 day shipping!

21. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

There is a picture I posted earlier with the smart cover on and in the sleeve.

22. dcmetro, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

dcmetro macrumors member

Don't see prime shipping on it for 5. One with prime showing as 8 for me.

23. dcmetro macrumors member

From LLTech @8?

24. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

It ended last week.

25. Steviejobz macrumors 68000