Great stylus ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jassz39, Apr 4, 2013.

1. jassz39 macrumors newbie

There are so many Styluses on amazon I could find, and I heard the black tip ones aren't that good. Any great stylus recommendation?

2. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The Bamboo stylus is a little more expensive than the rest but it's hands down the best stylus I've used. I use it almost daily to take notes in class on my iPad and it looks just as good as it does when I use pen and paper.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I bought the hand stylus www.handstylus.com and it works great.... BUT it is true what they say, you will have to push harder if you have a screen protector on. It works sweet without one and good with one. Retractable tip, cool colors, replaceable tips all make it worth it in my book.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yup. This definitely isn't the first stylus thread by a long shot:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=sty...ome.0.57j60l3.7467j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you want recommendations (on any topic) it helps to specify what you're looking for and what your usage is going to be like as well as your budget. If everyone's preferences were all identical on given topics then they'd all use the same options on those topics. I like the Big Idea Design Ti pen & stylus but quite a few find it quite pricey.

What features are you looking for? What are must haves? What are you not looking for? Have you tried any of the different types of tips out there? Have you read any reviews or threads to see if any of the options sound suited to you?

5. typeadam macrumors regular

I've spent way too much on styli (sp??) like an idiot. Eventually found the perfect one: I love this thing!

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Out of curiosity what app do you use to take notes?

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I use Notability.

8. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

For iPhone or iPad?

handstylus seems to be very well built and I'd pick one up if offered.
    Adonit Jot Pro - very nice pen, not good for tapping but great for writing or swiping.
    Adonit Jot Touch - if you can afford it, it's an awesome with pressure sensitivity
    Wacom Bamboo is alright

if all else fails...

Jaja Hex

9. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I know I shouldn't ask but what do you use a stylus for?

At least on my iPhone, I've never felt a need to use one.

10. jassz39 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's true, I wouldn't have a problem using an iPhone precisely.

Frankly Im looking for one that I can let my family member use without having his huge fingers get in the way. I was thinking stylus could be an option before I have to move on with other brand's mega phone. :rolleyes:

----------

Is it a bamboo brand? or one made with true bamboo?

----------

I like the magnet design!! but this one is bit out of my price range for a stylus pen!:(

11. THX10538 macrumors newbie

I have two, the iFaraday Artist and the Lunatik TouchPen

I really like both, the iFaraday is a bit faster to use because it has less resistance from the screen due to the fabric material it uses. Very accurate and smooth. A joy to use.

The Lunatik TouchPen is also pretty awesome. It's the most sensitive and accurate rubber stylus I've used, and it's a GREAT pen. I honestly couldn't tell you which one I like more. I have the aluminum TouchPen which is awesome and nice and heavy, but I actually think I should have gotten the plastic one instead, cheaper.

On my iPad mini I use GoodNotes

12. darky90 macrumors member

I agree. The Bamboo stylus was a great investment since I use this all the time. When I was first trying out cheaper styluses it did not compare. Great quality feel and sensitivity.

13. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's the name of the product, the brand would be Wacom. It's not made of bamboo (it's not very conductive! :p).

14. Droidrage729 macrumors 6502

I second the bamboo stylus very nice. I use it with some note taking apps .

15. macalec macrumors 6502

You are correct about the black tip ones--- they break. Bamboo is good, and some others. Check with macworld magazine for some stylus reviews..:apple: