Great think my rMBP has a dead pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dazlicous, Nov 12, 2014.

1. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Was restarting my rMBP before and when it was a black screen noticed a white dot near centre. On. Reboot downloaded a black screen and still got a small white dot.

Anyone got any ideas or is it the screen fubar

It's a late 2013 rMBP so out of warranty but could go down the consumer law if it's possible.

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Dead pixels can happen with any LCD/LED screen, at any time. When you say "go down the consumer law", if you're talking about small claims court, you'll loose. Apple can probably replace the screen, but at a cost to you.

3. dazlicous thread starter macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Take it your not in the UK pal saying that. UK consumer law states items are covered for 6 years after purchase so wouldn't need to go to court to get Apple to replace screen FOC. Panel failure on a 18 month laptop costing 2k plus isn't accepteable

4. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

A single dead pixel is well within manufacturing tolerances I'd imagine. I doubt you'll get anywhere.

A stuck or dead pixel isn't a broken or failing screen. Especially on a screen with high enough DPI that it's probably barely discernible at worst.

5. JoelTheSuperior macrumors 6502

JoelTheSuperior

A single dead pixel doesn't count as panel failure.

If you get them to replace the panel over a single dead pixel I'll be genuinely surprised.

Just be happy it's only a single dead pixel - my rMBP has a small nick which appears grey and a mura.

6. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

I think one dead pixel isn't going to get you a sale of goods act replacement unless you are really nice to the genius when you go there.

I believe Apple will allow up to 2 bright pixels, a third will warrant a panel replacement.

It's all in line with ISO 13406-2 class II.

7. hughw macrumors newbie

hughw

I had a dead pixel in the centre of my 2012 rMBP display a month or two ago.
    I took it in to an apple store, and they replaced the panel on apple care