Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I got a cool photo of cars moving through an intersection.

When I get to the beach next year I'm going to take Live Photos of sandpipers. That ought to be cute.

joonyaboy

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
FL
My Live Photos don't seem to animate on Watch. What am I missing?

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking that they might animate when you lifted your watch without a long press.

It does animate when you lift the watch up. But the photo can't come from Photo Stream album. I chose the Recently Added album

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
speical moments it's great but if you have limited storage only switch it on for certain times

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Great use for live photos - have my girl completely clothed in the beginning of the shot and transition quickly to her fully nude. One long press away on my screen from the goods and everyone else is none the wiser to it!
Not interested in doing specifically what you mentioned, but I do wonder how you did it? Does she just quickly rip her clothes off or can you edit these videos that are associated with the photo and have them still work as a live photo? I also wonder if it's possible to pair a higher FPS and/or higher resolution video to the photo, much like the live wallpapers that are higher quality, and use that and have it work?

Apple really needs to let developers make apps that can add custom live wallpapers. Dynamic wallpapers too! It has been a couple years and we still have the same colored circles. I think that could be a big market on the App Store. There should also be a setting to autoplay a live photo when you press the lock button (since Touch ID is too fast to see the lock screen now).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.