Great Video or POS?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fujiapples, Oct 28, 2009.

1. fujiapples macrumors newbie

I just made a video for this company. It was a "contest" of sorts between a few interns. It's not a straight up commercial, they wanted something a little bit vague. Anyway, it seems like they are going to use it as it made it up on their page. But it's still a 1st version so I would like some input on what you think about it and what minor edits I can make to give it just slightly more of a commercial feel w/o changing the video entirely.

I'm stoked about it making the site, but at the same time, I'm just not too happy with the finished product for some reason.

I know the girl isnt HOT, but at least she has big milk dispensers. Hahaha.

http://www.circuspop.com/adlandingpage.html

2. TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

Not impressed...the clock never advanced.

Haha, just kidding. That was pretty awesome actually. I like the style. And I think the model was perfect for the shoot - not all ads have to have a size 0 girl. She had great personality and great interaction with the products, and that is good from the client's standpoint. Good work. It might do for some small tweaks, but it really looks just fine to me.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

The very last part is a bit creepy to me, the girl waving and that big smile.

Dunno why.

5. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

Did they really want something a bit vague, or did they just describe what they wanted in vague terms?

My criticism would be that I don't really know what is going on. She's dreaming of an iPhone and MacBook Pro? As a standalone, there isn't any useful information conveyed.

Wait, is it an advert for feminism?

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Idea is solid. Just need to clean up the weird shadows that are popping up on the left and maybe some stabilization on the background (not a fan of jerky stuff).

7. fujiapples thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha. Creepy? Nobody has told me that yet. I'm going to tell her she looks "creepy"...lol.