Great Way to Clean Your Smart Cover Microfiber Lining!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dadoftwogirls, Mar 21, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

The Smart Cover microfiber lining is like a magnet for dust, lint, hair, and specks. I was thinking of a way to clean it easily. :confused: Ding, the light bulb went off and I thought, why not a lint roller that you can buy at any drug or super store like Target or Wal-Mart. :rolleyes: Sure enough, it worked like a charm! ;) A few swipes and it's all clean. Cheap, easy, and no risk of damage to your lining vs. trying to wipe it with a damp rag, etc... I took a before, after, and lint roller shot. You can't really see the difference unless you click on each image. It is also difficult to see the material on the lint roller but it's there. I chose the hideous yellow background to try and make my black cover stand out.

Attached Files:

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

3. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

You are a genius THANKS THANKS THANKS this was my biggest fear about the smartcover and it came true ............Good idea I go tomorrow and get a one!

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I use to have a ton of those rollers. Off to wally world ;)

5. FutureStan macrumors member

Great idea! You're like the new Neil Armstrong.

6. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Hah! Funny! :p

7. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I got the green one but I havent opened it/decided if I'm keeping it, would the green one plastic one attract as much lint, hair/fibers, or dust?

8. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

Doesn't matter the color. The microfiber works the same. Obviously, lighter colors might not show as much but that doesn't mean they won't or can't be dirty.

9. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

Ahh, I see, I wanted the Black one but it was out of stock where
    I bought my White iPad, green was my 3rd choice, 2nd was orange, but yeah, do you have any protection in place for the metal back?

EDIT: Since yours is leather, are you seeing the color leeching onto your iPad as many report with the leather smart covers?

10. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

I have an original iPad Zagg shield on my screen while I wait for Power Support to come out with their HD film. I posted an earlier thread about the original iPad case and its color leeching into the Zagg shield with pictures. When I get the new shield I'm going to see if I can tell a darkening on this one when it's removed.

11. Digidesign macrumors 6502

Bump for great justice.

And also, that I just discovered this today and didn't want to start a new thread.

It works!