greatest deal ever or scam

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSaygoodbye, Feb 26, 2009.

1. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

2. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

Ask the for the exact date the warranty finishes and then after they tell you ask for the serial number so that you can check the warranty on the apple website. That way if they lied about the date the warranty finished it wont match up to the serial number. As long as they hadn't thought this out! also ask for other photos. Be specific and ask for the angles you want etc this way you know that they actually have it. You could even ask them to send a receipt or ask them to put it up on ebay and say that you will pay via paypal and pay the expenses for them to put it up on ebay. This way you are protected with paypal if anything goes wrong!

Hope I helped

3. Colin20 macrumors regular

Be careful

I would guess they have some of these items in their posession. The issue I have with this listing is that these items could be stolen. The price seems too good for these items to be legitimate. I also don't like how everything is listed in one bundle. Seems sketchy...

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

If you have to ask whether or not it is a scam, odds are it is. Go with your gut and don't buy from them.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I would contact the poster to meet in person and see.

Once in a while really good deal comes along, but probably gone by now if it's not a scam.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

8. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Buy it before someone else does!

9. jettoblack macrumors member

I don't think it's a very good deal at all, even if it is for real.

The MBP17 listed there is one of the old Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo units. That means it's 32-bit only and can only take a max of 3GB of ram, and it will never be able to run 64-bit software like much of the upcoming Snow Leopard. These models also had horrible overheating problems and generally poor LCD quality and optical drive problems as well. It is claimed to have 7 months left of the 3-year AppleCare warranty, meaning it is about 2.5 years old. Worth maybe $900 and that's being generous.

The AppleTV is worth $200 or so right?

So that means you're paying $700 for an unactivated iPhone 2G 8GB.

10. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

Neither

Not a great deal and not a scam.

I agree with other poster.

iPhone - $200
    AppleTV - $200
    MacBook Pro - $1000

Those are all good buy prices but not great. So, at $1800, these are all great prices for seller. That older 17" MBP was the first Intel MBP, if I remember right. Depends on who you ask, but since hardware is not 64-bit, it may not even run Snow Leopard. Technology has changed enough that you should buy a core 2 duo or better Mac for the future.

Good luck.

11. iSaygoodbye thread starter macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

alright thanks guys. unless i can get him to go way down on his price im not buying. thank you