greece cell phone(NOW I REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SBik2, Jul 2, 2007.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

IGNORE THIS POST..! GO TO THE LAST PAST OF MINE ON THIS THREAD FOR THE NEW PROBLEM!!
    well my sister is going to greece tomorrow for two weeks... AT&T said they would email her an unlock code for her moto slvr... well its looking like its not going to come in time.. So how would she go about getting a pay as you go phone and sim? vodafone.gr has it up on their greek site, but it just shows a SIM and the rates.. no words on devices... i no theres cosmote also.. but i want to check up on rates for her before she goes..
    Any help is appreiciated!

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

You can get on the phone and make AT&T give you an unlock code immediately. Threaten to cancel other services you have from them until they give it to you. No reason for them to delay.

3. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i tried earlier and they said that once the process has started, it can be paused or cancelled for any reason.. and then they also said that the CS reps or technical service reps dnt have the codes on hand which is why they have email and cause a delay.. thanks for your idea tho:eek:
    looks like i maybe.. have to let her borrow my N75 that i got the unlock code from AT&T as i soon i got home with it and then maybe shed buy me an iPhone:D :D ..
    But any help is appricated!!

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Just buy her a phonecard, shes only going to be there for 2 weeks. AT&T phone rates are ungodly expensive over there and payphones aren't particulary hard to find from my experience in Greece.

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

If necessary she could get her own phone unlocked in Greece for a few dollars then just get a local pay-as-you-go sim card. However if she's only there for two weeks how many calls does she need to make, if it's a holiday surely the last thing you'd want is a cell phone.

6. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

thats what she was thinking maybe she should do that

but i think i already said that we've been waiting for a week and a half for AT&T to send her the unlock code... but is there a way to buy a prepaid phone over there? or do they buy them unlocked and choose a new SIM.??:confused:
    and its not really for a holiday its to see some extended family

7. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

Help With Vodafone!!!!

ok i need help fast...
    AT&T gave me an unlock code for my fone...
    so i entered it with my relative's vodafone sim in my SLVR so i can enter the code
    now my phone is unlocked and but now my relative's vodafone is asking for a PIN1 code? WHY IF ITS HER PHONE??? DID UNLOCKING MY PHONE WITH HER SIM SCREW UP HERS?
    OR IS THIS A CODE LIKE A SIM PIN HERE IN THE US when i take my sim out and i enter my code?
    But please i really need some help