Green activity indicator

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lah, Jun 26, 2016.

1. lah macrumors regular

Can't figure out why but recently the little green activity indicator (green runner) has been appearing on my Apple Watch. Only way I can get rid of it is by resetting the watch. Has this happened to anyone? And it seems to be registering as excersize since I got a "200 minute" award for sleeping last night...

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

You are leaving the Workout app on and running in the background.

3. lah thread starter macrumors regular

Nope. I've made sure to turn it off. It just randomly comes on. Not sure why. I guess I'll completely reset the watch.

4. teidon macrumors 6502

teidon

I had something similar happen to me too. The workout indicator was on the screen and the workout app's complication showed the running animation. But the Workout app didn't have any workout going. Tried to start a new workout and end it, but the indicator and animation was still there. Restarting the watch solved it for me. Hasn't happened again.

Also one thing to keep in mind is that if you start a workout, turn off the watch before stopping the workout and then turn on the watch, the workout will automatically continue. I once got a 20min workout because I started a workout to test something but the app crashed immediately. I had the force restart the device to get out of it because it didn't respond to any button presses or anything else. 20minutes later I looked at the screen only to notice that the workout was still running.