Green blob

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by capitation, Aug 12, 2010.

1. capitation macrumors newbie

Okay I have not seen any threads specifically and solely around the "green blob" effect so if there are some, please, go easy on me.

That being said, is having the green blob on your pictures in a CFL lit room a legit reason for getting your phone swapped? In other words, is it possible that some iPhones do not have the green blob effect?

I have heard that some phones, in fact, do not have the green blob effect. Mine currently does, and I recently swapped it because the previous had it. After taking it to a Genius, he originally told me that no iPhones should have a green blob. But then during the process of swapping my phone out, he realized that his iPhone and the other Genius' phones had the green blob as well, and basically went back on what he initially said, and said that I should not expect any others to not have it.

I called Applecare and they think no phones should have it at all.

So then I am curious for all you out there who likely are more knowledgeable than the Geniuses or Applecare... Green blob: in all iPhone 4s or not?

2. warburg macrumors 6502

Would you mind defining the "green blob" phenomenon and describing its effect? A few pictures would help, if that is possible.

3. TW95 macrumors member

The curse of the Green Blob

Do you have any pictures or screen captures?

Otherwise I have no idea what you are talking about.

Where is the blob?

Any extra info?

Thanks, Tim

4. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

5. TW95 macrumors member

The curse of the Green Blob

Have you used your iPhone outside?

UV light from the Sun is camera sensor's worst enemy.

6. UCF Sam macrumors regular

Are you implying that he damaged the camera by using it outside??

You're using it wrong... No pictures outside please.

-Steve Jobs

Anyway... I've got a pretty bad green blob, worse than my first iphone 4 had. Thinking about an exchange too.