Green Circular Hue from the iPhone 4 flash

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by 95block, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 95block macrumors newbie

People has been reporting a green circular hue when using flash on the iPhone 4. Has there been a fix or explanation on why this is happening?

2. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

there are quite a few posts about this. unless you issue is unique it's probably a lighting issue of some sort. post a pic, visuals help people here

3. zjmuse macrumors member

Do you have a protector film still on the back of the device? Flashes won't work through the films as they will reflect off it and be picked up in the lens.

4. 95block thread starter macrumors newbie

Using only a Belkin Vue case. If I take it off, the circle is not as bad but still there.

[​IMG]

5. zjmuse macrumors member

[​IMG]
    I didn't think I fell into this but I guess I do. Took a picture of a white wall without flash.

To me it seems like a white balancing thing. On my first iphone 4 I remembered seeing the green hue right before the flash fired, like to counteract the flash throwing off the tint of the picture?

Might be a software problem if that's the case?

6. 95block thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You say 1st iPhone 4. What happen with the first phone. I'm assuming you traded it in for another one?

This green "Hue" thing needs to be fixed or else the camera flash is useless! I'm sure thru "beta" testing, these things must've shown up!

7. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

that green on the white wall is a lighting issue. if you wanna double check take a picture outside of something white. it should be gone. different light bulbs (in a room) affect camera's

8. milk242 macrumors 6502a

^ seems to be true. Under fluorescent lighting, I have the green circle. Under halogen and natural light the circle is gone.

9. zjmuse macrumors member

My first phone froze 9 times within 2 days, it was the doesn't wake up, doesn't shut off problem. After it happened 3 times in a row (doesn't wake up, finally get it to restart and when the screen shut off to sleep it wouldn't wake up), I knew it was time to get it swapped out.