Green dots?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iapplelove, Apr 9, 2015.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

As an owner of a launch day 6 plus I have never noticed this in any of my photos and I take a lot of pics with my phone.

Just messing around last week taking pics of my car I'm noticing a green dot in 99% of my photos

[​IMG]
    Notice a green dot on the driver door.

Didn't think anything of it even blamed it on the sun even though I owned the phone forever and never noticed it before during daylight photos.

Then I saw a photo of a buddies car and he had green dots in his photos and it started just recently as well
    [​IMG]

Not really a sunny shot either. Anyone else notice this in their photos as of recent??

2. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

Is your iPhone in a case with a lens protector? If so, does the green dot still appear when the case is removed?

If so, I would (sadly) suggest a trip to an Apple Genius.

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

4. scrubmilk macrumors member

scrubmilk

lens flares have been around in every camera forever how do people not know?

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Probably because typical lens flare doesn't represent itself as isolated dot (or dots) of green color?

6. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I wouldnt really call this lens flare. And went back and looked at all my photos with the 6 plus and it really didn't start happening until the recent updates .

7. chrfr macrumors 603

This is normal when you have a very bright highlight, and any digital camera can be affected by it. Lens coatings are supposed to stop it, but that doesn't always happen. Basically, the light is reflected off the camera sensor, onto the back of the lens and back into the sensor, and shows up as a green dot.