Green frames keep showing up in FCP 10.1.3?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mister-cotton, Sep 9, 2014.

1. mister-cotton macrumors newbie

Hi All.

In short - when I crop a clip in FCP 10.1.3, the clip renders and then the entire thing turns to green frames thus making it useless and requiring me to find that clip again and plug it back into the timeline. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

I've already deleted "Event Generated Render Files" and it still happens.

Here are some details that may shed some insight into the situation:
    Codecs: H.264, Linear PCM
    Resolution: 4K
    Editing in proxy - actual file is on an external - my early MBP can't handle the 4K files.
    Camera: Sony AX100 4K

Any ideas? I can't get this project done because this has proven to be the major roadblock. Thanks in advance for reading and any responses.

2. Unami macrumors 6502a

does it stay green, when you switch back to your original media?

you could try transcoding the clip in question (e.g. to prores 422, using mpeg streamclip) before importing it to fcpx

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I used to experience this often. Apple released an update fixing this problem... in the update info they specifically addressed the "green frame" problem. Have you tried converting your rendered clip into a compound clip? Have you tried first converting the clip to a compound clip and then cropping it? Have you tried doing other things to adjust the clip without changing its appearance such as adding a random keyframe to it? (without keyframe animation, just adding a random keyframe to one of the parameters). If none of this works let me know.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I keep getting this green too. My computer has all the latest updates. Its an annoying bug for sure!

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Are you using proxy media? I've been using optimized media and haven't been getting the green frames on the latest software.

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

no i'm not using proxy media.... XDCAM EX converted to ProRes in FCPX

7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

TO be completely fair tonight when I was editing and I hit play, there were a few times when green frames would flash but it was a glitch in the playback lagging right after I hit spacebar, but it didn't show up in the footage when I went back and played it smoothly if that makes any sense. Basically it showed up in the viewer but would go away when I tried to replicate it.