Green imported photos in iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Xnew2macX, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Xnew2macX macrumors newbie

I recently imported a full library of pictures into iPhoto.....most of them came across without any problems, but I have about 20 pictures that are green, i mean really green. I check the original file and opened it with lightroom and photoshop and the pictures load normal, I searched and found the iphoto copy and opened it with LR and PS and it opened normal. When I open iphoto and try to do anything with those pictures, they display green in other apps like when I drag and drop them on iweb. Does anyone else have this problem?. its happened on two different iMacs...same library and mostly the same pictures, I have a c2d mac and it did the same things but on that imac it was more like 150 pics that were green, on the new i7 imac its like 20.

thank you in advance for any help and suggestions

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

What format are the original files and what application produced them? Also do you know what colour space they use?

3. Xnew2macX thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know about the colour space, the green pictures only show up on iphoto, all other apps display the pictures right. they are all jpeg pictures.