Green Light Flicker

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alan92, Jul 1, 2010.

1. alan92 macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed on their IPhone 4 a green light flicker when they wake it or put it to sleep?

Is it normal?

because it happens sometimes to me.

Thanks

2. agoat macrumors regular

Not sure, but I have a different flickering. It occur when I flick from page 2 homescreen back to page 1. It most noticeable when using the default water wallpaper.

3. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

I had the same thing, i took it back and had it replaced, the new one does the same thing along with the demo units. It seems like a software issue. I'm thinking the actual screen is coming on a millisecond before the backlight so when you have light shining on the display when you wake it (especially if your outside in the sun) the "flicker" appears green, that would also explain why you don't see the flicker when you are in a dark room.

4. chembox macrumors 6502a

Not a screen flicker, rather, your phone believes you're going to swipe again to the search page and it lowers the opacity for a quick little second.

It is a known bug

5. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

The only issue i have with this is the phone will do the same thing on certain images when you are viewing them in a slide show, and obviously in that situation the phone isn't expecting you to go into the search page.

Put this photo on your phone and swipe through it in your photos app, it will flicker.

[​IMG]

Another poster said this is the way that the displays naturally act, my MBP flickers (flicker is only seen on the actual image) also while scrolling down with the picture on the page.