iPad Green light to upgrade iPad Air to iOS 8?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by koigirl, Sep 29, 2014.

1. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

I have put off upgrading my iPad Air to iOS 8 (although I am enjoying it on my new 6 Plus) as I thought I'd let others do the guinea pig trial before me....:eek:. Is it good to go now or should I wait awhile longer?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Mine is experiencing no problems. On the other hand, I don't use any of the new features either.....

Its basically a netflix/game machine for the kids.

3. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

I upgraded 2 iPad Airs to IOS 8.0.2, both cellular models on AT&T network. Both work fine w/ wi-fi and cellular connections. You will probably need to update several apps to IOS 8 - compatible versions. All of my apps work fine so far.

I was advised not to enable iCloud Drive (iCloud - yes, but not iCloud Drive) because of the requirement to have the Yosemite update on Mac computers to access iCloud Drive.

4. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I haven't encountered any of the bigger problems people have been complaining about, such as slow wi-fi or Safari crashes.

I've found that being able to take and make phone calls is useful.

5. ron7624 macrumors 68020

ron7624

Why wait? You're going to do it eventually, right?
    It's running just fine on my iPad Air. Go for it!!!

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Green light given. Good to go. No problems at all on my Air. :)

7. betabeta macrumors 6502a

Wifi disconnects a lot, especially in Safari.
    Initially I had worse battery life, I had to change a bunch of location data preferences to get back to 12-14 hours like I had, but seems real close now.

The worst part for me was losing iPhoto:mad:

8. Q-Dog macrumors 6502

Q-Dog

I have actually used iphoto quite a bit more than I ever thought I would. How does the new photo app compare?

9. Ericcc macrumors member

Try the "solution" described in thread below by MissGem page 7. It worked for me.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6546549?start=90&tstart=0

"Settings - Privacy - Location Services - System Services - Disable Wifi Networking"

I had frequent internet disconnects (wifi connection remained strong, just no internet) and slow speeds. Everything's back to normal after disabling Wifi Networking. Good luck!

10. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

If I can live with it on my iPad 3, you can live with it on your iPad Air. ;)

11. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

12. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Yep, it's a great update for the Air. Widgets are actually more useful on the iPad than on the iPhone- you can view at least two pretty large widgets on the iPad at one time. Third party keyboards on the other hand... the potential for greatness is there, I'll leave it at that.