Green line on left side of MBP screen. How do I fix it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhaserFuzz, Aug 29, 2010.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

For awhile now I've had this neon green line on the left side of the screen. On rare occasions, it'll flash blue real quick and then go back to green. Sometimes when I open the MBP just right, the line won't appear. But as soon as the screen in tapped, it'll come back. Is there anything I can do besides replacing the monitor? If I take it to a Genius bar, roughly how much will a repair cost without Apple care? Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

2. fluffybunny88 macrumors newbie

it looks like a bad LCD, you can verify this by plugging the mbp into an external display and seeing if you see the line on the external display, if you do then its the logic board, if not it is the LCD, more than likely. Could also be a loose cable or something like that. If the computer is under warranty it should be covered, if not depends on which model macbook pro as to weather it is the whole display assembly or just the lcd, which would determine the cost. Ballpark would be anywhere from 300-600.

3. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

True! Your best bet, and in order for you to sleep at night, would to get the screen replaced.