Green Onion Macbook Anti-Glare Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cyberheart, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Cyberheart macrumors member

Cyberheart

when im on my mac my eyes burn after a while i have to 15" macbook pro 2010 if i get the anti glare screen protector will it be a cure to my problem?
    Im going to the sotre today to get it and i dont know if it will be a cure to my problem please post pictures of what it looks like or if you had any experinces with it....

Feel free to introduce me to other anti glare screens that you think might be better then the one im asking just post a link or an image on the reply...

thanks

2. Cyberheart thread starter macrumors member

Cyberheart

3. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

Apple makes it's own anti-glare option on the 15" MacBook Pro - why not just get an Anti-Glare model instead of the Glossy screen?

4. Cyberheart thread starter macrumors member

Cyberheart

ive had my macbook for two months now i cant return it so i have to get something to cover the glossy screen

5. Srirama macrumors member

If you are indoors,decrease the brightness a bit

6. Cyberheart thread starter macrumors member

Cyberheart

i have shade control app the glare still burns my eyes i have it on the lowest

7. Akack macrumors 6502a

Had my 13" MBP ~ 2 weeks now and still getting headaches and eye strain .

Thus I bought the Green Onion antiglare film from Fry's and works a little with my headaches, still have some minor eye strain and headaches though. I don't program or photoshop, only surf the web and check emails.

The screen image does look grainy though :(

I'm contemplating returning the 13" for a refurb 15" anti glare matte screen now.

8. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

If it's really that bad, I think you should go to the apple store and see what they can do, maybe you can pay the restocking fee or something and upgrade to the AG, I dunno...

9. getheledout macrumors member

The glare may have nothing to do with it. You may just be straining to read the screen because of the color calibration. I use an app called Flux...it changes the color temp based on your lighting preferences and time of day. Hopefully this helps.

10. X2468 macrumors regular

11. /user/me macrumors 6502

12. X2468, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

X2468 macrumors regular

I'm not sure, I'd email & ask. They are very experienced, trustworthy & fast. I've had other work done by them and they're reasonably priced as well. I'm very pleased with all they do.

13. Cyberheart thread starter macrumors member

Cyberheart

download a app called nocturn it lowers the screen brightness lower then the apple setting that might help you