Green or red line on the screen: cables or entire display?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by julian77, Jun 2, 2009.

1. julian77 macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    I have recently bought a Santa Rosa Macbook Pro (no warranty) that started to show this problem: when I move the screen just a little bit, a vertical, very thin green or red line appears on its left side (as in the image). As the machine is not under warant any more, I am becoming very worried, because a new display would cost too much.
    So, the question is, could I just replace the cables of the display to get rid of the problem, or the entire screen must be replaced? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. macdude69 macrumors member

same thing happened to me
    check out my old posts

apple replaced the entire monitor under warranty

for me at least, the line only appeared when i moved the lid at first (nevertheless it drove me nuts and I obsessed over it)
    after a few months the green line turned into blue/red lines and sometimes would not go away

1 year later, i had to replace the logic board / dvd drive too

love the computer, but the SR MBPs have serious hardware issues

3. julian77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, macdude, i was hoping that I had to replace just the display cables. I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere. In any case, it is driving me nuts.

4. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

OP, I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that generally around here we find Apple often replaces products that have very common problems. In your case, SR MacBook Pros have had lot of the graphic lines and other miscellaneous stuff.

Good luck and enjoy your MacBook Pro ;)