Green Screen on Keynote video clips

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wily99, Apr 18, 2007.

1. wily99 macrumors newbie

Hello,

This is my first post to macrumors.

I have a Keynote 3.0 presentation which I have downloaded repeatedly from my organization's server as a zip file. The presentation is very large (over 250 slides and six to eight video clips) totalling 627 MB of file space.

My new MacBook (2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM) never ran all the clips, but now doesn't run any. Actually it runs, as I can sometimes get audio, but I only get a ghostly radioactive-green screen color where the video image should be.

Other people on this forum have complained of the MacBook graphics, and how the VRAM can't be adjusted. Do this have something to do with my problem?

Are there any solutions or is all lost!

Thank you in advance. Wily99

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It sounds to me that the video clips are either corrupt, or they were not properly placed in the keynote file.

3. yagran macrumors 6502a

curious as to what version of OS X you are running as i often get similar issues in leopard ? :confused:

4. wily99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.9

5. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

You could try it on another MacBook and see what happens.

6. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

Is there any reason you couldn't split it into multiple keynote files?

Presumably you don't go through 200+ slides without an interval?
    Multiple keynote files would hopefully be a lot easier on your system than loading the whole presentation in one go...

7. wily99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Green screen with .mov files

Thank you. I did try cutting out 5 or six slides witht a video clip in the middle slide, but it didn't make any difference. Still get the green screen. Seems to happen only with .mov files.

Any reason why that might occur?

Wily99

8. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

Isn't there a save option when saving a keynote file to "copy all media into document" or something like that. Perhaps give that a go.

The .mov files we're talking about here can definitely be played in quicktime itself - outside of keynote? That would be something to verify.

Also, are you presenting on an external display? Macbook's don't exactly have great video performance, though I've personally never had any problems presenting to external displays or having to use that "mirroring" mode. If its a high def display you're presenting to, 1920x1200 or whatever and a high quality .mov file you may possibly be running into video memory issues or something.

But I really think you might want to split the 200 slide presentation into say 4 x 50 slide presentations or something, just to ease the burden on the machine. I suspect keynote preloads a lot of the slides into ram when you start the presentation to keep everything nice and smooth, so I do think some memory issue of some sort is probably part of whats going on.

9. wily99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Green Screen

Thanks. I'll try splitting it up.