green screen

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by brianmacc50, Jun 17, 2008.

1. brianmacc50 macrumors newbie

I have an idea for putting myself into an old movie for a funny youtube idea and have a question. I have the quicktime movie that I want to drop myself into and have PhotoShop CS3 which will let me bring in video layers so that I can compose the movie.
    Question is: What's the best way to mack the video of my self so that I ca work with it-so put the 2 different movies together.
    Its sort of an Enrie Kovaks-old televisio look to it, so if it looks a bit
    shacky, that will be OK.
    Thanks.

brianmacc

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

does photoshop CS3 have green screen capabilities. You might need more professional software.

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

If you're going to do this with Photoshop, you will have to do it frame by frame. I think getting some different software would be your best bet.

P-Worm

4. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Photoshop CS3 Extended has the concept of video layers, which might make this possible. I've never tried to use them for keying, though - would certainly use different software for this purpose.

- Martin

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I wouldn't even think of using Photoshop for this. There are so many other programmes out there to do a decent job of it.

Final Cut Pro, Shake, Final Cut Express... there's even an iMovie plugin....