green spot enough to replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gimmeiphone, Nov 27, 2010.

1. gimmeiphone, Nov 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2010

gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

think i have the green spot worse than anyone lol is it enough to get it replaced? sorry dont know how to resize smaller
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

That would be the TIMG tag instead of the IMG ;)

Take your phone to the Genius Bar and they will evaluate it
    I would guess you could get a replacement

3. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Does it really bother you?

My phone has it too, but it a blessing compared to the problems I had with the several other iPhone 4s it replaced.

4. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

iv put up with the antenna issue (and its been really bad for me) and normally arent bothered by trivial things, but now im just bored of it, might try and get it replaced, sell it then buy an ipod touch and a windows phone 7 best of both i suppose!

5. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

so if it wasn't obvious you were trying to find an excuse to replace your phonefor frivolous reasons, thank you for further incrimination yourself

6. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Yes! Apple is gonna come after him now after that terribly incriminating post! Watch out OP you're doomed!!! :p:p:p

7. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

And yes, I would take back my i4 if I had that problem. Why should you put up with that?

8. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

because it's not a problem, it's a byproduct of using a new kind of sensor that picks up low light much better, and just so happens to sometimes cause this green artifact when ccfl lighting is around

Given that it's a known artifact, a software update, post processing filter could easily fix this by subtracting green/adding red in an omni-directional filter.

it's like complaining your camera gives people red eye, it's the same thing

if it bothers you that much use different indoor lighting or fix it post production, but any replacement will have a similar issue

you just want an excuse to try and get a brand new iPhone, so you can maximize your profits (why not just say that instead of trying to act innocent initially?)

9. Cambot macrumors regular

This^

I brought my phone in during the first week of release because of this problem, the Genius people didn't know about it and were nice enough to offer me a replacement. Everything got squared away and then we tried the new phone and it had the problem in the store, all the employees' phones did too. It's lighting as the issue, 99%. Florescent indoors isn't so great, otherwise it's really a great camera-phone.

10. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

not trying to be 'innocent' just dont want to sell a phone to someone with a dodgy camera, but if its a problem with all iphone 4s then i suppose theres no point. So no im not just looking for an excuse to maxmize my profits, and if i were i would say so, couldnt give a flying ***** if you think im innocent or not tbh

11. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

lmao! nooooooo!! sounds to me like someone couldnt get there phone replaced for green spot issue :p no names tho :cough:ItsJustafnPhone:cough:

12. wpotere Guest

??? First, the reason a camera gives redeye has nothing to do with the camera but rather our eyes. There is nothing they can do to fix something like that unlike this problem. This problem is an issue with the screen and I suspect that if it was as simple as a software fix it would have been done by now. Also, if it was released with a known artifact then Apple QC needs their heads examined. IMHO, this is an issue and a swapped phone should easily allowed NOT telling someone to use different lighting. :rolleyes:

What the OP does with the equipment after this is his business. Sell it, buy an iPod and Windows 7 mobile if you like.

13. Merkie macrumors 68020

I think you should be able to get it replaced. The camera is part of the reason you might have bought the iPhone, and therefore this kind of artifact can be unacceptable.

Then again, you also have to understand that about 99% of the iPhone users would never notice it.