Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherylzyx

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I had my iPhone 4 replaced yesterday and this one has the green spot. My original phone worked perfectly for 3 and a half weeks and then suddenly started going into a coma a couple of times a day. It also did not have the green spot I have now.

Is this something that requires a replacement? Is a fix possible with a software update?

The iPhone 4 is my first iPhone and the good camera was one of the things I was most excited about. I really don't want to have to just learn to live with it.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
It's a problem with the camera under fluorescent lighting. It's up to you if you want to replace it but it seems to be an issue that affects most if not all iPhone 4 and similar cameras.

guru_ck

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I had a spot that would appear in the same exact spot in all my photos. Got my phone exchanged and the new one is fine. Definitely a hardware problem, not software related.

Cambot

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2010
I had a spot that would appear in the same exact spot in all my photos. Got my phone exchanged and the new one is fine. Definitely a hardware problem, not software related.

When I brought mine in to get looked at all the iPhones were doing it in the store, from the replacement that they were going to give me to the staff that had one on them. I'm not doubting you though.

I would think that there could be something done software-wise to compensate... I'm a little more annoyed with the yellowing of photos under low-incandesent light. Nicely lit and outside shots are amazing though.

puggles

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
im wondering if i should have mine replaced or if all iphone 4's have this issue also

Katanae

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I'm pretty sure my first one didn't have this but im not certain.
Now I have a replacement and it has the issue, I think I will keep it for now and replace it as soon as it really starts to bother me or at the end of my warranty.

cirial

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Pompano Beach, FL
Ive got the green spot under flourescent light as well as white balance issue (more yellow under certain lighting conditions). Outside shots are perfect. I'm too lazy to try to get replacements. They probably won't fix it at all and I'll just end up wasting my time and getting pissed off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.